- The best way to increases productivity is to avoiding distractions
- This automation will help you to quicke get into a work mode and let others know that you are busy
- Skills needed: Medium – this one require a moderate ability to set conditions and actions
- Costs: Meduim- we suggest to have the sensors at each location where the leakage can occur; Shut off valve is also usually not cheap
How does it work?
- You need a way to understand when you need to go to study mode – is it just time, or also motion as well
- Once defined, you can get into the right lightning, music and avoid distructions
- At the start of the work day
- You entered the study
- Your work computer is on
- Your zoom is on
- Switches on a light in the focus mode
- Starts playing the “Productivity” playlist on Spotify
- Put your mobile on the “flight” mode
- Switch off the internet from your mobile
What do you need?
This automation will require motion sensor, smart light and may be the smart audio system
- Motion Sensor - This sensor detects any motion and ideally combined with luminance sensor. Our advice is to go for Zigbee (Matter) and battery operated. Eve Motion Sensor (Matter) ($49.95) is our top chose as supports Matter (future proof), has luminance sensor and good battery life. If you want to go fancy, Linptech mmWave human body sensor ($29.99) would work, but you will need to sort out wired power supply
- Smart Color Lights / Bulbs - Allows you to not only remotely switch on and off, but also change the color and temperature of the light. Sengled Zigbee Smart Light Bulbs ($99.99) is our advice due to great quality and good selection of bases and bulb types. You can also check out Kasa Smart Light Bulbs ($31.99) if you prefer wifi version.
Advance Uses / Ideas to customise
- You can add a motion sensor that triggers the study mode at certain times
- You can enable special lights in your home that notifies your family that you are in a focus mode
Generic Step-by-Step Setup Guide
- Connect all the devices to your hub.
- Select the actions you would want to take
- Create an automation routine that triggers the action valve when you are in the room or the time is up
- Test the workflow
How-to focus mode automation in Home Assistant?
Once you are done with setting up with your devices, follow the steps below.
Steps to configure automation to prevents leaks in Home Assistant?
Copy the YAML code above.
Paste it into your
automations.yaml file in Home Assistant.
Save the file and reload automations from the Home Assistant UI.
automation: - alias: "Focus Mode Automation" trigger: platform: state entity_id: binary_sensor.motion_sensor_office to: "on" action: - service: scene.turn_on entity_id: scene.focus_mode - service: media_player.select_source entity_id: media_player.spotify_player data: source: "Your Spotify Playlist Name Here" - service: media_player.media_play entity_id: media_player.spotify_player
- Trigger: This automation is triggered when
binary_sensor.motion_sensor_officedetects motion (state changes to “on”).
- Action 1: The first action turns on a scene called
focus_modewhich you should pre-configure to set the lights as you want them.
- Action 2: The second action selects the source (your Spotify playlist) for
- Action 3: The third action starts playing the selected Spotify playlist.
Remember to replace
"Your Spotify Playlist Name Here" with the name of the actual Spotify playlist you want to start playing.
Last update on 2023-10-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API