Best 10 Port Ethernet Switch: BV-Tech PoE-SW811 (3 reasons why we think so)
We previously reviewed Best PoE switches and was repeatedly asked for a in-depth review of a particular model. The BV-Tech PoE-SW811 is a 10 Port Power over Ethernet Switch that won hearts and minds of many network specialists and home automation enthusiasts (not an easy task). There are three reasons for that:
- Great tech specs: with 8 PoE+ Ports and 2 uplink ports with a total 96 watts of PoE power. The 8 PoE+ ports run at 10/1000Mbps each and 2 Gigabit Ethernet Uplink ports at 10/100/1000Mbps each. The gigabit uplink ports allow communication without giving up on any PoE ports. All of the above is more than enough for the average homeowner to cover key PoE needs
- Good value for money: We tested other 10 port models like TRENDnet 10-Port Gigabit Web Smart PoE+ and ANVISION 10-Port 250m Extend Ethernet Switch and found it to be the best for the majority of the consumers. It has a great balance between functionality and price and can also has support for DC-48-57V power.
- Great power supply: BV-Tech PoE-SW811 provides up to 30W per port through the IEEE802.3af/at and up to 60W on port 1 through Hi-PoE, which makes it better than other PoE ports that only provide 15.4W per port.
Are you persuaded? If not please read on.
- Ports: 8 PoE+ Ports at 10/100Mbps each and 2 Uplink Ports at 10/100/1000Mbps each
- Power: DC48-57V power adapter
- Switching capacity: 5.6G
- Packet forwarding rate: 4.17Mpps
- Packet buffer memory: 4Mb
- MAC table size: 16K
- PD detection
WHAT WE LIKED
- Comes with LED indicators for data and PoE on all ports.
- Uplink ports allow communication without sacrificing any PoE ports.
- PD detection automatically detects and provides the required power for all devices.
- Provides better wattage than normal PoE port.
WHAT WE DID NOT LIKE
- Does not have a wall mount capability.
Power Detection is great!
As compared to other similar switches like BV Tech PoE-SW502, TRENDnet 10 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch and ANVISION 10-Port Extend Ethernet Switch, BV-Tech PoE-SW811 automatically detects required power. It is a very pragmatic unmanaged Power over Ethernet switch that is built for high heat tolerance and has 96 watts of power.
How does PoE-SW811 stack against competitors
PoE-SW811 vs other 10 Port Switch brands
Here, we have compared BV-Tech PoE-SW811 to TRENDnet 10 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch and ANVISION 10-Port Extend.
According to our review, we found that BV-Tech 10 Port PoE/PoE+ Switch offers 96W max total power, and TRENDnet’s switch provides 75W. But when it comes to their pricing, TRENDnet’s switch is priced at $129.99, and BV-Tech’s switch comes only at $69.99.
Moreover, the data transfer rate for BV-Tech PoE-SW811 is 8 PoE + Ports at 10/100 Mb per second and 2 Uplink Ports at 10/100/1,000 Mb per second, while TRENDnet 10 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch’s Gigabit Ethernet gives a transfer rate of 2000Mbps.
Take a look at this table for full comparison:
|BV-Tech 10 Port PoE Switch||TRENDnet 10-Port Gigabit Web Smart PoE+||ANVISION 10-Port 250m Extend Ethernet Switch|
|$60.99 on Amazon||$119.99 on Amazon||$49.98 on Amazon|
|Ports||8 PoE + Ports and 2 Uplink Ports||8X Gigabit PoE + Ports and 2 X SFP Slots||8 PoE ports + 2 Uplink Ports|
|Wattage||96W Max Total Power||75W||30W|
|Data Transfer Rate||8 PoE + Ports at 10/100 Mb per second and 2 Uplink Ports at 10/100/1,000 Mb per second||Ethernet: 10 and 20 Mbps,|
Fast Ethernet: 100 and 200Mbps,
Gigabit Ethernet: 2000Mbps
|8 PoE ports + 2 Uplink Ports at 10/100Mbps|
|Pros|| Automatically detects and provides the required power.||Has bandwidth control per port; easy to use GUI.||Requires no configuration and installation|
|Cons||Unable to find the IP address in some instances.||Internal fans are noisy.||Works for only 150 feet of cable.|
PoE-SW811 vs other BV Tech 10 port switches
There is no denying that BV Tech is one of the best brands when it comes to choosing the PoE/PoE+ Switch. But there are instances when users go for other options, as they need more power or gigabit speed.
However, when it comes to BV Tech 10 Port switch, you get a number of options; some of which are: BV-Tech 10 Port PoE/PoE+ Switch, BV-Tech 9 Port PoE+ Switch, and BV-Tech 10 Gigabit Port PoE/PoE+ Switch.
These are 10 Port PoE/PoE+Switches that provides you with uplink ports, gigabit ports, a good wattage, and a fast data transfer rate, ranging from 10 Mbps to 1000 Mbps.
Take a look at the table for a detailed comparison, and then choose the one that suits your needs the best.
|BV-Tech 10 Port PoE Switch||BV-Tech 9 Port PoE+ Switch||V-Tech 10 Gigabit Ports PoE/PoE+ Switch|
|$60.99 on Amazon||$69.99 on Amazon||$109.99 on Amazon|
|Ports||8 PoE + Ports + 2Uplink Ports||8 PoE Ports +Uplink||8 Gigabit PoE+2 Uplink Ports|
|Wattage||Port 1 supplies 60W of power, Port 2-8 supplies 30W||120W maximum power- up to 30W per port||130W maximum power- up to 30W per port|
|Data Transfer Rate||8 PoE + Ports at 10/100 Mb per second and 2 Uplink Ports at 10/100/1,000 Mb per second||10/100 Mb per second||10/100/1,000 Mb per second|
|Pros||Automatically detects the required power.||Protects Non-PoE equipment from being damaged.||Plug and play configuration; automatic detection of non-standard Ethernet terminals.|
|Cons||Does not support passive PoE device.||-||-|
The installation of BV-Tech 10 Port PoE/PoE+ Switch is simple. However, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind:
- Wear antistatic gloves, while installing the device, and then connect the device to power after finishing the installation.
- Always use the included power adapter to power on the device.
- Place the device in a well-ventilated environment.
- Use the device in conjunction with UPS, if possible.
- Check that the input voltage matches the value, which is marked on the label of the device.
- Keep at least 1.5cm distance between each device, if you are installing in the stack.
Real Customer Feedback
- I use 2 of these to power my security cameras. One is located outside but in a covered area. It has done well in the Arizona heat. – James Shaker
- This unit sometimes finds an address sometimes not, it has this extension button…however it some times loses the IP address…really really wanted these to work… I purchased the 10port and the 4 port… they give you 30-day window for returns…I guess I will purchase the Linksys unit…or TP-Link switch to do the job…..arrr – Amazon Customer
The BV-Tech PoE-SW811 is an unmanaged 10-Port Power over Ethernet Switch that comes with high wattage and data transmission rate.
If we compare it to other 10 port PoE switches, it has an extended cable feature that gives you an extra cable length, unlike ANVISION 10-Port Extend Ethernet switch. The design is desktop-oriented and provides better wattage and data transmission rate than them.
So, if your cameras are powered with PoE, this BV-Tech PoE-SW811 is something you want.
Last update on 2020-03-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API